How to choose a lawyer?
- Choose a lawyer who gives honest legal advice and not a lawyer who is more about looks.
- A good lawyer has court craft, honesty and in-depth knowledge of law. Merely big offices, ancestral lawyers (having generations of lawyers), having large staff and interns do not make a good lawyer.
- White hair and long beard may influence you to believe that a lawyer has long standing. But remember, you are looking for a lawyer, not a yoga or spiritual guru.
How are we better than other websites?
- We are different from other websites which are paid by lawyers or law firms to show their profiles on top. Further, their reviews are unverified. We are free and driven by “you” – the client.
- While other websites hide lawyer details like addresses, contacts till you pay them, we do not hide anything or charge anything. 90% lawyers provide free consultation, but when you hire legal services through these websites, these websites take away entire consultation fee and lawyers give you free consultation.
- We do not take any cut or commission from fee paid by clients to lawyers. When we say we are free, then free means free.
How are we better than Google Reviews?
Google provides a platform for businesses to list themselves on Google Maps and clients can review those lawyers. We are way ahead of Google Reviews.
- Searching a lawyer is different from searching a hotel to have dinner. Litigation and legal work is extremely serious in nature and the consequences of the same may make or destroy your life depending on the results. Google may help you find a better hotel but it cannot help you find a good lawyer.
- If you are searching for a lawyer, you may see several good or bad Google Reviews for a particular lawyer. You may not realize that a good review mentioning only “thank you” or “best lawyer” might be given by a friend or relative and that a bad review without any case details might be by another person who is not a client (like a competitor).
- Reviews.legal provides authentic case-based reviews. The moment a review is made on reviews.legal, we manually check the case details and and after going through a system of checks, we finally approve a review. A reviewer has option to keep his case details private which means we only have case details on the basis of which we verify a review.
Why should you not hire a lawyer who is not listed with us?
- You cannot be sure whether a lawyer you want to hire has successfully contested in the past cases of same type as your own case.
- You do not know how a lawyer you want to hire treats his clients. Does he charge fee again and again? Does he go to all effective hearings himself? Does he treat clients with respect? Does he take calls of clients after fee has been paid?
- You will get answers of these questions on reviews.legal
Why should you not pay any intermediary or any website?
- Several websites have made a business of charging money to provide contact details of lawyers. Some websites charge people so that people may get consultation from lawyers. So innocent people are paying websites and not lawyers to get legal advice. In several cases, not a penny is paid to lawyers.
- This means advice which a person may get for free becomes paid merely because there is no platform to provide free contact details of lawyers.
- Several websites and individuals take commission to refer cases to lawyers. The commission in some cases is 70% of total fee paid. We condemn this practice.
Which lawyer should not be preferred?
- Lawyer of political type – Such lawyers are more active in politics rather than practice of law. Do you want a lawyer campaigning for himself when he should be present in court for you? A lawyer dedicated to practice of law will prefer not to have parallel business or political work which is extremely time consuming.
- Lawyer having another business or NGO – see the reasons mentioned above.
- Lawyer who refers you to another lawyer – A lawyer with established practice will never refer you to another lawyer. It is one thing to assist another lawyer, but another thing to refer a case to a lawyer. Such type of referring is generally a commission based system in which district court lawyers refer cases to High Court lawyers and High Court lawyers refer cases to Supreme Court lawyers. This system has nothing to do with quality of a lawyer. It is purely commission based system. This started when internet and connectivity did not exist and people did not know how to get contact of good lawyers. In era of internet and 4G, this system has lost his relevance.